Get more gigs
Show them what you’re made of
As a solo musician or band trying to get traction in the local scene, you know how competitive the music industry is. That’s why it’s so important to be prepared and professional.
A big part of that is how you present yourself online, and what you have ready in your press kit, and to apply for gigs at venues and festivals.
- A bio that sells your skills, your sound and is cliché-free (with different length versions for your website and socials)
- A social media plan that engages fans, venue managers and private clients
- Professional website with high-quality photography, videography, tracks, links to albums and socials, press kit, events page, a blog and contact page
I know. I know.
You just want to make music, and you never signed up to be a marketer. But as a musician – you’re also a small business. Don’t worry, that’s where I can help.
How to get more gigs
Being a musician means marketing to both fans, venues and private clients.
And to get that gig you’ll need to prove to the venue manager that you have an audience. But… you’d be forgiven for thinking that to get an audience, you need a gig, right? This is where your socials and website comes in.
Booking agents and promotion managers will check your social following when they’re deciding whether to book you or your band. Especially if they haven’t heard of you.
100% personalised guarantee
Your band is different inside and out to any other. So, every idea and solution I create is personalised to you and your audience. Because, well, that’s what works. You get your own personalised pavlova cooked to perfection, for maximum crunch.
Pack a punch with a killer bio
How does this work? I get to know your music, understand your style, tone, brand and values that drive you to create your tunes. At the end you have a killer bio that nails who you are and shares your unique sound, so there’ll be no mistaking you.
How it works
- To start you download your bio-building worksheet, and then we schedule a 30-minute discovery call on Zoom to go through what you’ve uncovered. We discuss the tone, any music your inspired by and consider yourself similar to, and work out who your target market is.
- Then it’s time for me to research and write your bio
- You get a succinct 50-word version of your bio for social media (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Soundcloud, Spotify, etc),
- Plus, a longer version up to 400 words for your website and festival applications
- Exclusive Trello board to manage your project deliverables
- 1 hour of industry and competitor research
- 1 Call to action to encourage people to buy your music or attend your gigs
- 1 Skeleton Draft, 1 Main draft, 2 rounds of amends and proofreading included
Send me the links to your website, your socials and anywhere I can go to listen to your music, so I can review it ready for our briefing chat.
Content strategy template + 10% off an intro video script for your website and socials
From just $297.00
Intro video scripts for your website and socials
Do you want to excite your fans and get them to your gigs, and show venue managers you’ve got what it takes to keep their customers happy?
Intro videos invite connection, create excitement and let people see the artist behind the music. They’re the perfect way to share what you bring to the industry. But when you’re so close to it, it can be hard to know what to say. That’s where I can help.
How it works
- Whether you want an intro video, or one that covers a product or service you offer we begin with a brief chat about what you want to cover in your video.
- I’ll whip up proposal agreement for you to approve and an invoice so you can secure your spot in my calendar.
- Then we’ll schedule an in depth 30 minute chat, to confirm what you want covered, the tone, the length, the specs (visuals, music and voice over) and any research you’d love me to conduct.
- I’ll set up the project in Trello, so you can track the progress and deliverables.
- Then it’s time to research and start writing.
- Two detailed concepts to choose from and develop your chosen one
- An engaging and researched script that aligns with your brief
- 30 minute chat to kick off the project and 15 minutes of check-in time each draft
- Exclusive Trello board to manage your project deliverables
- Image suggestions (slides or animations if required) for use within the video
- 5 social media snippets to help with shareability
- 1 Call to Action – to ask viewers to contact you regarding an offer or similar
- 1 Skeleton Draft, 1 Main draft, 2 rounds of amends and proofreading
- Transcript in plain text (if required)
I’ll send you a brief questionnaire for you to complete prior to starting work, then I’ll confirm all the details I need in a chat before I get started.
Content Strategy Template + 10% discount on your bio
From just $497.00
Ali shows a dedication to her craft and to the stories that she puts together. She always takes the time to understand her subject.
I’ve noticed the intricacies that she comes up with based on interviews she has done with me. She finds the heart of an issue and follows that path.
Alison takes a personal approach to her subjects, getting out of her office and attending events, engaging with the work and building relationships with clients.
She is well liked and her true passion and support shine positively through her writing.
I always feel confident that I will receive excellent results from Alison and within each deadline.
Your questions, answered frankly
I’ve answered many of the common questions I get here,
but if you have another, just holler.
Can you put together a custom package for me?
You betcha. The prices and packages I list on my website aren't one-size-fits-all marketing solutions for every business. Every industry is unique and different things work in different scenarios, for different target markets.
If you're unsure what you might need, we can have a quick chat to uncover what your goals are, and what content you already have and I can put a package together for you. Or, for a more in depth one-one-one session you might like to book in a thirty or sixty-minute strategy session.
How do I book you?
First of all, I'm so bleedin' excited you want to work with me! Second, for a quick response give me a call on 0415 272 150 and if I'm not with a client - I'll give you a call straight back. Or send me a message via my contact page with the content you need, and I'll respond as soon as I can so we can discuss what you need.
I've never worked with an arts marketer before, how does it work?
There's nothing worse than working with someone who doesn't have a clear process and is able to lead you through your project, so you know what you're getting, when and for how much.
Arts marketing and strategy is a collaborative and creative process, so here's what you can expect when we work together:
- Our project starts with a chat about your creative business and your marketing needs.
- If I don't have all the info I need from this call, I'll send you a link to my Project Discovery Form so I can give you a more accurate quote.
- You accept the quote and I draw up a Proposal with all the project details, my T&C's and costs for you to approve. Also included will be the scope, the timelines and deposit details.
- I'll issue my invoice and book your project into my schedule.
- I issue my Project Questionnaire so I can get to know your business, its target market, how you work and what you create inside and out.
- I create a Trello board and invite you to keep track of the project and it's deliverables. Everything is transparent so you can see how I work.
- I book in another briefing call (if needed) to clarify any further details
- Then I get researching and writing!
- In most cases you get a first draft, two rounds of amends and proofreading included.
- When you're happy with the content, we've dotted all our i's and crossed our x's and t's and everything has been paid for - you can start using the content.
Got a question? Happy to answer them as we go. Check out my about page for more on me and how I work.
Do you work with brands outside the arts industry?
I sure do. While I love working with creatives, I also have a lot of experience working with brands within all sorts of industries. Want to know more about who I've worked with and what results I've had? Check out my testimonials.
Some of my favourites have been:
- Marketing (virtual assistant and copywriter) SEO website content
- Disability sector (NDIS service providers and SaaS tech startups): website content, SEO, video scripts, email marketing, social media management, ongoing content strategy
- Arts industry (artists, photographers, videographers,
jewellers, DJs andsinger-songwriters): writing website content, artwork descriptions, exhibition proposals, blogs, brochures, online store optimisation
- Ethical fashion and design – unifying brand message and products, website copy
- Finance and insurances (boutique finance and specialist disability insurance providers): website copy, blogs and video scripts
- Health and wellbeing industry (life coaching, personal training, nutrition): sales landing pages
- And more...